Winter is here. That means warm mugs of cocoa, frosty window panes, early sunsets, and dreams of hibernation.
But it also means a variety of visual challenges for your patients. And finding one lens to meet these diverse needs of the season has historically presented its own challenges for eye care professionals. However, a revolutionary, new lens that's usually associated with warmer weather, could be the solution patients and ECPs have been seeking.
Here are three reasons why SunSync Elite is an ideal lens choice for winter:
1. UV Protection
Ultraviolet rays are equally dangerous for your patients in winter--possibly more so, because they can easily forget about protecting their eyes.
Winter UV Dangers:
SunSync Elite automatically darkens when it comes into contact with UV light. That means patients are protected, even if they haven't thought about protecting their eyes... or if they forgot their sunglasses at home.
2. Ultra-Fast Change Time
Whether dashing through the snow to escape the cold or ducking in and out of stores to find the perfect gift, wintertime brings about a lot of shifting from indoors to outdoors and back again. That's where SunSync Elite excels. With up to 10x faster fade-back speed, and ultra-fast activation, SunSync Elite keeps up with patients, providing comfort and clarity in any environment.
3. Excellent Blue Light Defense
SunSync Elite offers targeted blue light filtration from digital screens--blue light defense that's superior to the industry leader. So if your patients are cozying up to screens this winter--whether that means online shopping, playing with a new tablet or phone they got for the holidays, gaming, or even binge-watching Netflix--SunSync Elite has them covered.
Do you make it a habit to remind patients of the need for eye protection in cold weather? Share your tips, thoughts, or comments below.
Learn more: 8 Factors that Increase Your Risk of UV Exposure
1. The Vision Council, “Spare Your Sight: Using Shades for Protection and Style 2016 UV Protection Report.”
2. t½F of SunSync Elite in polycarbonate is 53 seconds at 73.4°F.
3. In independent testing in polycarbonate at 73.4°F, SunSync Elite fades from fully activated to 37.1% T in 10 seconds compared to 37.5% T in 100 seconds for Transitions Signature VII.
4. In polycarbonate, t½D of SunSync Elite is 5 seconds compared to 8 seconds for Transitions Signature VII at 73.4°F.
5. All comparisons in polycarbonate. At 400nm, SunSync Elite = 100% attenuation, Transitions Signature VII (T-VII) = 85% attenuation. At 415nm, SunSync Elite = 95% attenuation, T-VII = 40% attenuation. At 420nm, SunSync Elite = 75% attenuation, T-VII = 25% attenuation.